About the High School Film Competition
2013 SUBMISSION PERIOD BEGINS MARCH 1
The 4th Annual Heartland High School Film Competition (HSFC) opens for submissions March 1! Launched in 2010, the High School Film Competition encourages tomorrow’s filmmakers to create films that promote positive change in people’s lives through the transformative power of the art form.
So fire up your DSLR’s and Final Cut, and get ready to make a short film! Or submit a film you’ve already made, provided that it meets the eligibility requirements. All submissions must meet the following criteria, in addition to aligning with Heartland’s mission.
- Entries must be 10 minutes or less in length
- Entries must have been completed after June 1, 2012
- Entrants must not have graduated before Spring 2013
- Narratives and documentaries, both live action and animation are encouraged and accepted
Make sure to keep the original files of your film! We will screen selected HSFC submissions at the Heartland Film Festival in October, and will be showcasing them on giant theater screens. It is very important to keep your original files. Make sure that you have a file of your film that has a resolution of 1080 (i or p) and is either uncompressed (very big file size) or Apple ProRes (smaller but still very big). PC equivalent files are also acceptable.
- One film will be selected as the Grand Prize winner of the High School Film Competition.
- The winner and a guardian will receive expenses-paid trips to Indianapolis.
- The winner will receive two All-Access Fest Passes for the Festival.
- The winner will receive a cash award of $2,500.
- Four films will be selected as Finalists in the High School Film Competition.
- Each Finalist will receive two All-Access Fest Passes for the Festival.
- Each Finalist will receive a cash award of $500.
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Between May 1 and June 15 there is a $10 submission fee. This year the HSFC will be a part of the Heartland Film Festival, and shares many rules and regulations. Check out the complete rules and regulations here. If you have any questions about some of the more complicated language, feel free to be in touch! You can email us at hsfc@TrulyMovingPictures.org, ask us on Facebook at facebook.com/heartlandtmp, or follow and DM us on Twitter @heartlandtmp. Plus, you can always give us a ring at (317) 464-9405!
SUBMIT YOUR FILM!