Do you have a passion for great movies? Looking for an internship or seasonal position that provides an excellent experience and inspiring atmosphere? If so, we want to hear from you!
2014 Web & Design Intern
Heartland Truly Moving Pictures has a Web and design internship available for 2014, starting in February 2014 and continuing through summer. The Web and design intern will assist marketing in the development of a new WordPress-based website while making updates to the current site, social media updates and other graphic design/video projects as talent and time permits. Intern may also be asked to assist in administrative/research assignments at the Heartland offices, and will be responsible for various office-related tasks. A $250 stipend per semester will be offered.
The following duties will be assigned to this position:
- Develop new WordPress-based Heartland website within the parameters of the WordPress theme
- Make updates to current WordPress website, including sliders, blog posts, film pages and more
- Author content and post content to social media outlets, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Design event posters, Web graphics and other collateral
- Video editing and motion graphic creation skills a plus (preferred skill, but not mandatory)
- Attend Truly Moving Picture Award film screenings (optional)
- Other tasks as assigned by Director of Marketing & Communications and/or Creative Manager
Qualified candidate must possess the following skills/accomplishments:
- Familiarity with WordPress (or other similar content management systems)
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, HTML and CSS (After Effects, Premiere, Final Cut Pro optional, but preferred)
- Pursing a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing; Graphic Design; Communications, Web Design or equivalent
- Interest and basic experience with marketing, writing and social media
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Accurate and concise communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail is essential
- Familiarity with film and the independent filmmaking industry
- Standing and sitting for extended periods of time may be required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Please send resumes and creative samples to Greg Sorvig, Heartland’s director of marketing & communications.