We’ve got another great year folks! As we kick off the 2010 Festival, I thought I’d share some of my favorite things to do at the Festival:
- Closing Night – We’re excited to end this year’s Festival with our first ever suspense film. I know it will have a wonderful impact on everyone.
- Friday October 15 at the AMC Castleton Square – We kick off the first night of screenings all in one location with all the best of the best with filmmakers doing Q and A at every screening. This year not only are we showcasing the Heartland Film Festival Award-winning films, but the winners and official selections of the 2010 Heartland High School Film Competition. Come celebrate with those already working in filmmaking and the filmmakers of tomorrow.
- Heartland Institute Workshop – is always very strong with many filmmakers on hand to talk about their journeys in independent filmmaking. Check out the line-up!
- The Heartland Film Festival Awards Ceremony – for only $40 you can enjoy Hollywood coming to Indianapolis with the Awards Ceremony and Afterglow party following – it is not to be missed
- Filmmakers Brunch – one of the best ways to have some quality time with the filmmakers.
- Family Movie Event – always a fan favorite, this year’s film Nativity! will not disappoint. It’s great film for the whole family and I know it will make a wonderful experience for your kids as the committee behind the party always outdo themselves with a great celebration that is a part of the package
- Opening Night – Even though we’re all sold out, be sure to catch this one early next year! It’s so fun to celebrate the start to the Festival together!
- The Shorts Programs – are always a big hit with folks as they are a showcase of up and coming filmmakers and a chance to see films that you would not see otherwise
- As far as films – I have always made it the rule to not say what are my favorites – what I tell folks is look at the website, see what sounds good to you and know you will be almost guaranteed to like the film as the Heartland folks have done the hard work of narrowing down the field to the best films out there
- See as many films as you can – take some time off from work and spend a day seeing movies – but be careful – it is addicting
I hope you all get the chance to enjoy as much of the Festival as possible! Don’t forget to share your reviews on the website and through Facebook and Twitter. Help us spread the word on all the Festival has to offer!