Now that the dust has settled a little, we have some time to think back and reflect on the past 10 days. So many memories were created and we have a lot to celebrate as we move forward into our 21st year:
• 127 filmmakers and special guests were on hand for this year’s festival. Many of them recognized Indianapolis as one of the best film festivals in the world, crediting the talent of the team, Hoosier hospitality and the passion and commitment of everyone involved.
• Actor Martin Sheen and actor-director son Emilio Estevez were on hand for the Heartland Film Festival debut of their movie The Way.
• Kurt Kuenne, director of the fan favorite Validation, returned to Heartland with his feature length film, Shuffle. Actor TJ Thyne was at the closing event to interact with moviegoers.
• Well-known directors, such as Angelo Pizzo (Hoosiers, Rudy) and Corbin Bernsen (Psych), were in attendance throughout the Festival.
• More than 60 sponsors contributed to the success and growth of the 20th annual Heartland Film Festival.
• The Festival raised more than $20,000, with philanthropic dollars continuing to come in following the event.
These are just a few of our highlights. What were some of yours?